5.12.1861- Bishop Rev.Dr. Fitzpatrick applies to Lands Dept. to have land at present site reserved. However, dept.man recommends land at south end of block bounded by Burgoyne, Shadforth & Murray streets to be reserved.
13.1.1862- land reserved as per recommendation.24.8.186- Rev Dr. Fitzpatrick again applies for land at present site because a courthouse has mistakenly been erected on the previously gazetted land in Burgoyne Street. 28.9.1863- Land on present site gazetted, old site cancelled in gazette of 9.10.1863.